The time has finally come, but make sure your kids are ready! One problem parents often make is forcing the issue. Your kids will learn to use the toilet in their own time.
Once your kids are prepared, you can start implementing the following tips that will get them using that toilet in practically no time at all.
- Throw a little magic into the mix. Potty time doesn’t have to be all serious. In fact, some kids are even scared at the prospect of using a “big bowl” like the toilet for pooping and peeing. Get a little creative with magic tricks and make the entire experience fun for your little one.
- Exercise a little patience. There are kids who learn fast, and others who are scared and hesitant. If your child falls into the latter category, then you need to bear with them. There are times when you may end up waiting for longer than you’d want, but always know that your patience would soon pay off as your kids become expert potty users.
- Getting your kids naked. Your kids tend to associate nakedness with bath time so you’ll have no problem getting them into the bathroom. From there, encouraging them to use the toilet becomes easier. With your guidance, your kids can slowly work themselves up to using the potty with clothes on.
- Getting the timing right. Perhaps you’ve tried everything and it still doesn’t work. Again, this all comes back to making sure your child is ready and prepared to take this next step before trying it out. Don’t worry if it’s not your child’s time yet, because eventually, it will be.
- Prizes for poopies. As a parent, you’ve gotta do what you’ve gotta do. If that means enticing your kids with prizes so they’d use the potty, then why not? In the end, it’s a win-win situation.
Potty training is an essential phase of early childhood learning. Once your kids master the art, it would be easier for them transition to the toilet.
Little Leaderz Day Care, Inc., a well-respected childcare center in Irvine, California, believes that readiness is the key. Once your kids reach that level of preparedness, teaching them to use the potty would become a much easier endeavor.
Make your way to our day care in Irvine, and consult our staff for more tips on potty training. You can learn more about our approach to toilet training with our kids as well!