Want to keep your little scholar’s brain active while at home? At Little Leaderz Day Care, Inc., we love when families extend learning outside a childcare center in Irvine, California, which is why we’ve listed engaging and effective learning activities that are perfect for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
- Read books to your baby. Make the story come to life by changing your voice for different characters.
- Sing songs with words that rhyme, like “thump, bump, jump.” Rhymes are great for boosting your baby’s language development.
- Puzzle games are great for improving your child’s problem solving, fine motor skills, and visual skills.
- Boost your child’s number recognition by counting everyday items. This activity is great to start preparing your child for the preschool program months in advance.
- Provide your child with drawing pads and colors to practice their drawing skills.
- Try finger painting for hands-on exposure to colors. Let your child dip into finger paints and tell them the names of every color.
- Create a scavenger hunt that helps your child learn letters, numbers, colors, and shapes.
- Teach your little one music by playing musical games or creating your own instrument.
- Try simple science experiments that your kids might have not tried at their day care in Irvine.